Courtney King focuses her practice on products and premises liability litigation, primarily representing automobile and medical device manufacturers, as well as theme parks. With a strong interest in her clients’ concerns and objectives, she calls on her trial experience, as well as her observations of strengths and weaknesses in individual cases, to skillfully and efficiently represent her clients.
Examples of Ms. King’s representative experience include the following:
- Co-Represented an automobile manufacturer to defense verdict at trial in Hillsborough County, Florida in a case involving a plaintiff who sustained burns to over seventy-five percent of his body in a vehicle fire;
- Represented an automobile manufacturer in personal injury and wrongful death cases involving rollover events, ejected occupants and/or vehicle fires;
- Obtained summary judgment for an automobile manufacturer in a rollover case venued in Pinellas County, Florida;
- Represented multiple medical device manufacturers as local and national counsel in cases venued in Florida and Pennsylvania;
- Represented medical device manufacturers in multidistrict litigation in Alachua County;
- Represented a major theme park in multiple cases venued in Orange County involving negligence, failure to warn, and negligent mode of operation claims.
What do you enjoy most about the practice of law?
The most rewarding aspect of my job is the creativity involved at every stage of litigation, whether it is determining the most cost-efficient way to defend a case or strategizing as to the most advantageous manner of proceeding with discovery.
What are your favorite activities in your leisure time?
I enjoy family time, which consists mostly of keeping up with my daughter’s latest activities and interests. I also enjoy traveling and reading.
General Civil Litigation
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2011
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2011
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2011
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2003
U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 2002
AWARDS AND HONORS
AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatedSM by Martindale-Hubbell®
University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 2002
California Polytechnic State University, B.A., 1998 – With honors
Orange County Bar Association
Defense Research Institute